Creating a page on Facebook is a function that this social interaction platform provides to companies, public figures, brands, or institutions to better interact with their public.
That is why, below, we will show you how to create a Facebook page in simple steps, in addition, we will provide some tips to get the most out of it.
Steps to create a page
Creating a Facebook page doesn’t take more than a few minutes, whether you’re using your cell phone or your computer. It is important to clarify that the procedure is similar on both devices:
- Open Facebook on mobile.
Note: if it is done from the computer, log in at https://www.facebook.com/
- Click on the button with the three horizontal bars.
Note: on the computer, you must click on the “ Pages ” section located in the left side panel.
- Select “ Pages ”.
Note: press “Create new page” in the case of doing it from the computer.
- Press “ Create ”.
- Press “ Start ”.
Subsequently, the page information (name, category, website, address, presentation, or description) must be completed. Finally, add the cover and profile image and additional details, such as contact number, email, and opening hours, among others.
Although creating a Facebook page is a simple procedure, there are certain aspects that must be taken into account to guarantee its success.
Profile and cover image
It is important to take into account the recommended measurements for the profile and cover image, which are 500x500px and 851x315px, respectively. In addition, in both cases they must have a good resolution, clearly showing who the company is or what it is about. Therefore, it is recommended:
- Upload images in a format suitable for social networks, for example, PNG.
- Take into account the branding or brand identity of the company (colors, typography, images or resources, etc.)
- They must be in sync with the theme of the company.
- Use a suitable program for image design.
Link to other Platforms
To offer greater comfort to the followers of the page, it is recommended to create direct links to other interaction platforms, such as WhatsApp, for example. Although this is optional, it provides the public with a more direct way to ask questions or requests about products or services.
The more information that is provided to followers, the greater chance of success there is for the company. That is why it is recommended to complete most of the data requested by Facebook, including sections such as:
- Basic and Contact Information – Includes email, phone number, address, and service area. As well as websites, social networks, price range, opening hours, political or religious ideology, language, services, etc.
- Legal and privacy information: here you can add the privacy policies of the company and the Impressum.
Employment and training: this does not apply if it is a company or institution.
- Places of residence: it implies information such as the city of residence and city of origin.
- Page Transparency – This is a section that Facebook shows to Page followers to show them how trustworthy the profile is.
- Other: This category includes items such as personal information, important events (such as the founding of the company), and family or relationships. The latter is not really necessary.
The username is something important in any social media profile, especially if it is a company account. Therefore, when creating a page on Facebook, a nickname must be established that allows for identifying, remembering and sharing said information quickly. This is something that can be done during the creation of the profile or by modifying its data.
Note: The username will appear under the account name, next to the category the company belongs to.
CTA (Call to Action) button or call to action
It is a button that prompts the user to perform specific actions within the page, among these are:
- Send a private message.
- Write by WhatsApp.
- Make reservations.
- Buy a product.
- Contact the company.
- Ask for more information”.
- Try a game or app.
- Watch a video.
- Start an order.
- View a Gift Card.
To add it, you just have to click on the “ Add a button ” option and select the type of action that users can do when clicking on it.
Create auto-reply messages
If for some reason you cannot attend to the public at all times, it is advisable to create automatic response messages that let the user know that you are not available. These should be as attentive as possible so that the person feels that they are important to the company, and it is also a good idea to include a more direct form of contact.
To do so, you must access the ” Messages ” section within the ” Settings ” menu located at the bottom of the left-side panel of the page in question.
Connect with a profile on Instagram
When creating a page on Facebook it is important to link it to the Instagram profile. In this way, the followers of one platform can migrate to the other without problems, in addition, both social networks must go hand in hand to achieve growth objectives. Now, to do this it is necessary to access Settings> Instagram> Connect account and complete the required process.
Note: it is important to note that the Instagram profile must also be business. However, if this is not the case, the same tool will take care of converting it automatically.
Click Here To Get The Link ⬇️
What is a Fan Page
A Fan Page, a fan page, or simply a Facebook page, is a profile designed exclusively for companies, public figures, or entrepreneurs. It allows you to connect with the public in a much more effective way, through different functions or tools designed for this purpose.
How is it different from a personal profile?
The main difference is that a personal profile is a personal interaction account that does not support any type of commercial action authorized by Facebook. However, there are other factors, such as:
- The Facebook page offers behavior analysis statistics or interactions of the followers. A personal profile does not.
The information of a commercial profile is more focused on the customer service area. Whereas, a personal account includes more personal data.
- The number of followers on a Fan Page is unlimited. On a personal profile, this is limited to 5000 friends.
On a page, people become followers or like it. In a personal profile, they are added as friends.
Business account customization is much broader.
- Facebook pages grant access to the ad creator (Facebook ADS), which is not allowed from a personal profile.
- A Fan Page can have several administrators or people in charge, with different ranges of authority. Whereas, a personal profile can only be managed by an individual.
Because it is important
The creation of a Fan Page on Facebook offers certain advantages. The positive aspects of having a presence on this platform include:
- It allows attracting traffic to the website, in case of having one.
- A large percentage of the target audience has a Facebook profile.
- It is essential if you want to create Facebook or Instagram ADS campaigns.
In conclusion, having a Facebook page provides access to a large number of tools or functions that allow better communication with the public.